January 14, 1950 (Saturday)
- The day after the invasion of the American consulate in Beijing, the U.S. State Department ordered the withdrawal of the 135 American diplomatic personnel remaining in the People's Republic of China, and the closure of offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Nanjing and Qingdao.
- Born: Jagadguru Rambhadracharya, Indian Hindu religious leader, as Giridhar Mishra in Shandikhur, Uttar Pradesh State
Theodore Spaulding an attorney and former NAACP President wrote Johnson regarding the reassignment of a Negro Captain, and how it shouldn't have happened.
Songs of the week
- Dear Hearts and Gentle People - Dinah Shore
- A Dreamerís Holiday - Perry Como
- The Old Master Painter - Snooky Lanson
- I Love You Because - Leon Payne