Mean Temp 18.9°C 66.02°F at Taegu
May 30, 1950 (Tuesday)
- South Korean legislative election, 1950: Participation was high in voting for the National Assembly of South Korea, with 2,209 candidates for the 210 seats. The ruling Democratic Nationalist Party and the Korea Nationalist Party each won 24 seats, while independent candidates got 126 seats.
- 1950 Indianapolis 500: Johnny Parsons won a shortened version of the auto race, which was called off by rain after he had driven 345 miles.
- Born: Bertrand DelanoŽ, Mayor of Paris since 2001; in Tunis, Tunisia colony; and M. G. Vassanji, Canadian novelist, in Nairobi, Kenya, British East Africa
Parliamentary elections were held in South Korea on 30 May 1950. The elections resulted in a tie between the Democratic Nationalist Party and the Korea Nationalist Party, which both won 24 seats. Voter turnout was 91.9%.
|Democratic Nationalist Party||683,910||9.8||24|
|Korea Nationalist Party||677,173||9.7||24|
|Korea Youth Party||227,539||3.3||10|
|Korean Federation of trade Unions||117,939||1.7||3|
|Korea Independence Workers Party||45,813||0.7||0|
|National Independence Federation||33,464||0.5||1|
|Korea Independence Party||17,745||0.3||0|
- My Foolish Heart - The Gordon Jenkins Orchestra (vocal: Eileen Wilson)
- Bewitched - The Bill Snyder Orchestra
- It Isnít Fair - The Sammy Kaye Orchestra (vocal: Don Cornell)
- Birmingham Bounce - Red Foley