The Eighth US. Army (EUSA) served as the Japan occupation force headquartered in Yokohama. It established a forward headquarters in Taegu (sometimes spelled Taegue), South Korea, on 9 July 1950.
On 13 July it assumed command of all U.S. forces in Korea and formed Headquarters, Eighth U.S. Army in Korea (EUSAK), to control all forces within the country.
August 26, 1960
At the same time, Eighth Army also reduced to paper status the 63rd Field Artillery Battalion, which had been in support of the 34th Infantry, and transferred its troops and equipment to the newly activated C Batteries of the 11th, 13th, and 52nd Field Artillery Battalions. The effective dates for the transfer were 26 August for the artillery and 31 August for the infantry.